1. Java FileInputStream ObjectInputStream reaches end of file EOF stackoverflow.com
I am trying to read the number of line in a binary file using readObject, but I get IOException EOF. Am I doing this the right way?
2. BufferedReader ready method in a while loop to determine EOF? stackoverflow.com
I have a large file (wikipedia english arcticles only database as xml file) I am using to read one character at a time using BufferedReader. The psuedo code is:
3. Detecting whether EOF is at the beginning or somewhere in the middle in readInt stackoverflow.com
I'm using the following to read a packet of data from a
4. Is it good practice - using EOF exception to detect End of File stackoverflow.com
I am reading from a ObjectInputStream and I do not know number of objects beforehand. So using the EOF exception catch block to detect that END of file has been reached ...
5. How do you differentiate -1 from 0xff when reading a byte from a Java FileInputStream? stackoverflow.com
So, I had to take a test for a job interview where I was required to write a mini app that performed simple XOR encryption, and came across this question. I ...
6. Java: How to test for EOF on an InputStream without blocking? stackoverflow.com
I want to do something like this:
7. Premature EOF while reading from Inputstream coderanch.com
Hello all; I am hitting on a HTTPs URL and got the response but while reading from BufferReader I got the Premature EOF exception. This exception occur when buffer reader contain last record. Instead of after reading last line, it should attempt to read next line which will be EOF, but while reading last one this exception occur. I am reading ...
9. EOF in ObjectInputStream coderanch.com
I have written a series of objects to an ObjectOutputStream. I assumed that I could loop on ObjectInputStream.readObject() until it returned null, indicating that all objects had been read. However, instead, I get an EOFException after it reads all the objects and attempts to read the next (nonexistent) one. What is the preferred way to detect EOF with Object streams? I ...
10. How to detect EOF when using java.io.BufferedReader? coderanch.com
I'm reading stdin using BufferedReader and I noticed there is no function to detect the end of file! How might I enhance the program below to only echo "data goes here"? I'm running java 1.6 on cygwin/windows XP Server. It seems odd that I could even read past the EOF. I cannot do this in gnu C++ with a similar bash ...
11. EOF Exception at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully coderanch.com
Joined: Apr 19, 2010 Messages: 1 posted Today 3:39:33 PM HI, I am getting the following exception when i am trying to read the keystore file from java code usining . following fragment of code InputStream keystoreStream = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(trustKeyStore)); can any body help me what it is? java.io.EOFException at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:178) at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152) at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:743) at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor143.invoke(Unknown Source) ...
12. ObjectInputStream EOF test forums.oracle.com
13. Concat EOF to the end of BufferedReader. forums.oracle.com
14. How to find EOF in RandomAccessFile forums.oracle.com
15. Handling EOF while using ObjectInputStream forums.oracle.com
16. Detect EOF of input stream forums.oracle.com
17. BufferedReader.readline() and test for EOF forums.oracle.com
Hello. I've been at this for several hours trying various tricks and reading forums. I want an "elegant" solution for reading lines from a text file in a loop and exit the loop at the EOF. I've tried testing for a null value from the readline method but the file has blank lines which match a null causes the loop to ...
18. BufferedInputStream EOF? forums.oracle.com
19. Premature EOF while reading from Inputstream forums.oracle.com
Thanks cotton for your reply. Is this can be possibilities: stream terminated before I reached EOF, |---------------------- no EOF marker or EOF maker comes earlier before it should (at the end). |----------------EOF-----| (talking about 2nd case) If I use readInt of inputstream and check the decimal value of EOF (which I think 26) then I can prevent occurring exception? any help ...
20. FileReader how to detect EOF forums.oracle.com
21. How can I read a InputStream without a line break or