1. Java - open existing file or create one if doesn't exist using IO streams stackoverflow.com
I was following instructions from a Java website (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/file.html#createStream) on creating or writing a file using an IO stream. However, the code it provides seems to be broken in ...
2. byte stream and character stream stackoverflow.com
Please explain byte stream and character stream files. What exactly these means , is microsoft word document is byte oriented or character oriented ? Thanks
3. In Java: why some Stream methods take int instead of byte or even char? stackoverflow.com
Why some methods that write
4. Why we writeBytes into a OutputStream and readLine out of a InputStream in java? stackoverflow.com
Here's just this example: http://www.xyzws.com/Javafaq/how-to-use-httpurlconnection-post-data-to-web-server/139 Why it feels so strange?
5. coping streams - nio's channels vs. io stackoverflow.com
Are NIO's Channels faster than IO's inputstreams/outputstreams when you want to copy one stream to another? if not when you would use channels?
6. How should I handle third-party input/output streams? stackoverflow.com
There is a piece of project dealing mostly with input/output streams. So I have to pass streams as arguments and receive them from third-party libraries. I've read Good design: How ...
7. Why character streams? stackoverflow.com
I understand that Java character streams wrap byte streams such that the underlying byte stream is interpreted as per the system default or an otherwise specifically defined character set. My systems default ...
9. What is the proper way to write/read a file with different IO streams stackoverflow.com
I have a file that contains bytes, chars, and an object, all of which need to be written then read. What would be the best way to utilize Java's different ...
10. how to end streamtokenizer loop when reading tokens? stackoverflow.com
I know "while (((str.nextToken()!=str.TT_EOL)))" is an infinite loop, but I want to know how can I end this loop in a similar way that in StringTokenizer as "while (st.hasMoreTokens())", it ...
11. java: Do I need to close all the streams? stackoverflow.com
I have a method that reads text from a file; decompression may be required, depending on an input parameter:
12. How to Send a Password to Process in Java stackoverflow.com
I am launching a process from java to run a command for me. This process runs for a little while, then needs a password to continue. Now I know that I ...
13. Java I/O read Delay stackoverflow.com
When i try to read the InputStream , the reading takes a lot of time from the server . The process reads some bytes pauses for 5 mins , reads again ...
14. Java: transformation from byte to char and how to use dataOutputStream stackoverflow.com
15. How to clear/reset/open an input stream so it can be used in 2 different methods in Java? stackoverflow.com
Here's the code: