1. Reading Strings and Binary from the same stream stackoverflow.com
I have a file that contains some amount of plain text at the start followed by binary content at the end. The size of the binary content is determined by some ...
2. How to read one stream into another? stackoverflow.com
Question: How can I read everything from
3. Bits stream reading order stackoverflow.com
I've read in manual:
For bit-oriented delivery, the bit order for the byte stream format is specified to start with the MSB of the first byte, proceed ...
4. How to read icy protocol in Java ? stackoverflow.com
I want to read data from a streaming icy protocol.The problem is that all the libraries that I've tried (dsj,MP3SPI) use the HttpUrlConnection to do this.However I've tried it on my ...
5. How do I read x bytes at a time in Java? stackoverflow.com
I want to read exactly x bytes from a Socket at a time. How can I achieve that?
6. Timing out stream reading coderanch.com
Hi, Does any body know how to put a timer to a reader? for example: I have an inputStream to read from a file. I use it to write to the file on the remote server via socket connection. The socket connection simulates FTP. So it only reads from inputStream when the ftp server is ready to except the data. I ...
7. How do you read packets off a stream? coderanch.com
8. Stream and Character reading coderanch.com
Hello Ravindar, your question is a bit vague. What exactly do you want to know? The JVM just uses the services of the underlying operating system to read files. Do you want to know how the JVM does the conversion from bytes to characters? That can be quite complicated. The Java type char holds Unicode characters, and conversion from bytes to ...
10. Simple stream read question ... coderanch.com
11. How to read character stream and byte stream at the same time? coderanch.com
If the data consists of two type of data: the first line is a character stream and followed by an png image byte stream, how can I use java I/O to read them? I tried to use DataInputStream from a socket connection and then use BufferedReader to execute readLine(), then use BufferedInputStream to execute read() to save the image, but it ...
12. reading a stream twice but download it only once coderanch.com
hi, following problem: i have an audio player which retrieves a stream from a website and plays it, which works pretty good. i want the user to be able to play forward. But i dont want the user to be able to play too far forward, so i have to detect how many bytes has been transfered. And thats where i ...
13. how to read the .doc file using the streams forums.oracle.com
14. Java Process stream reading forums.oracle.com
I have written a java application that contains a class viz. ProcessManager which spawns a Process and continuously listens for messages on the InputStream and ErrorStream of this process. This is done using BufferedReader. After monitoring the application using JProfiler, it was observed that the ProcessManager was the class that consumed 70-80% of CPU bandwidth. Is this continuous way of listening ...
15. I/O Stream read problem forums.oracle.com
16. How to read a stream as byte codes? forums.oracle.com
Hi all, How can I read a stream as byte codes in java? I need it because I will use the BOM tecnique to find out the encoding type of that stream? And can somebody give me a web site that has the byte codes of different encodings? Thanks a lot for help.
17. How should I read a file containing both characters and binary stream forums.oracle.com
I have a file like this ====start of file========(This is not included in the file) This is the characters