1. question abt web.xml file coderanch.com
Hi all, I am using NT/IIS4.0/JRun3.1 combination in a project I am working on rit now.I have read a lot abt this web.xml file.but till now, for me, the need for editing this file never arose. is it ok to have an empty web.xml file in an web application.will i encounter any problems due to this?if i do need to enter ...
2. Need help with web.xml and .war file coderanch.com
Dear java guru's Need help with web.xml and .war file. I am using tomcat 3.2. I made change in my server.xml in conf directory of tomcat by adding following lines.
3. How to display "\n" in xml file? coderanch.com
I'm not so sure what do you mean by displaying the return character, "\n". If you try to print the back-slash and a letter "n", you can type "\n". If you want to display the return (newline) character, visually, I believe there is no character representation for newline character because it is invisible. If you want to display a paragraphy with ...
4. web.xml and file uploading coderanch.com
If you don't have the proper permissions on the parent directory, then you can't create the sub-directory. If your servlet container belongs to 'www' or some other group, make sure that group has full rwx permissions along the path that you are specifying. This kind of error (on a Windows system) is quiet. ie: it doesn't throw access or security errors. ...
5. Need help with web.xml file coderanch.com
With the servlet-mapping tag in place, you shouldn't need /servlet in your url. It also appears that you have a problem with your context. Your webapp folder is called myJSPs-XML, but you are typing myJSPs in your URL. Unless you have changed your context in the Tomcat configuration file, that shouldn't work.
6. Why the xml file changes by itself??? coderanch.com
7. how can i transfer the xml files between different systems? coderanch.com
hello the appearance of xml enable the inter-communication between differences systems.but i don't know how,such as following scinario: in the client side,we use the console that is written by using c#,if i finish filling the text boxes that are within the console,click the submit button,the console will generate a xml format document.i want the other application that is written by using ...
8. how to tansform a domcument to xml file, the jaxp dont work!! help! coderanch.com
9. Specifying file location in web.xml coderanch.com
Hi Michael you can put that line of text in a property file, and add that property file to your classpath(also you can put that property file in your classes folder. In case you want to keep it as a text file only(and not property file). You can use getResourceAsStream() method of servlet context(If that text file is located inside your ...
10. Deploymen Descriptor (web.xml) file coderanch.com
First of all I'm new to all this stuff of servlets and JSP. I want to Know one thing, that why do we use the dployment descriptor. I know that it is used to tell the container about our web component and services it require from the container. I've used Sun's J2EE 1.4 application server, which automatically generates a deployment descriptor ...
11. Web.xml files coderanch.com
Hi I have created several Java classes that will search http://www.cdwow.com for cds by an artist or album name and will parse some of the information. The search it carries out on the site is dependant on what the runtime paramaters for the program are set to. I have created a servlet (in a seperate package)in JBuilder that has a shtml ...
12. Sending XML Files via POST coderanch.com
Hi Graham URL/URLConnection class is used when you want to interact with server side components through GUI based applications[Swing].It's not used much when you want to work with browser as client. I would like to know what exactly you want to do. You can submit a XML data in the text area to the servlet using post. On server side you ...
13. unable to download xml file coderanch.com
14. significance of file - application.xml coderanch.com
15. web hosting and changing web.xml file? coderanch.com
Hi, In my development environment, when I make changes to web.xml, I have to shut down and restart Tomcat to get it to read the changes. How does that work when a website is hosted commercially? In other words, if I make changes to my web.xml file, and then I upload it to the web host, how do I get the ...
16. multiple welcome files in wb. xml coderanch.com
Hi all, we have a tag in the web.xml as "welcome-file-list" and under it we give the names of few welcome files.. My question is why more than welcome files.. i heard the answer as if it cannot find the one then it will search for the others in top to bottom approach. That is at first it will search for ...
17. How Container Recoginized cYour Web.XMl file is Configtation File coderanch.com
18. Creating XML file coderanch.com
Hi, I'm creating a small application(bloggin) which is similer to JavaRanch Big Moose Saloon, the only diff is that in JavaRanch Big Moose Saloon there are so many forums like servlet jsp ... .. . ... .. but in my application there wil be only one forum. and for every topic I want to create one unique_file_name.xml, which is the best ...
19. Problem with taglib and web.xml file coderanch.com
20. welcome file list in web.xml coderanch.com
21. about web.xml file. coderanch.com
hi to all my friends of javaranch.!! i want to know that if i am creating servlet so for that i have to write respective web.xml file also from which the server gets the information about my servlet right. I want to know that for every servlet i have to write the this following lines of code right.
22. Issue Req Storing Result Set Data in a XML File coderanch.com
23. XML File Upload coderanch.com
I would like to create a servlet that can handle XML file uploads. The servlet should read the uploaded XML file to create Java objects (using JAXB). How would I go about doing this? I used the request.getInputStream() function - However, it gives me more than what I wanted. This is what I get: -----------------------------281721801516081 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="SentFile"; filename="test_data.xml" Content-Type: text/xml ...
24. Passing an XML file through request coderanch.com
25. XML file download coderanch.com
26. web xml file coderanch.com
i am new to servlet technology. i have written my first servlet program and placed it in web-inf/classes folder in tomcat. and my html page in root directory. the issue is whether i should configure web.xml file or not?(although i configured it, i got 404 error, saying that the particular servlet file is not found). i have heard my friend saying ...
27. Making changes in an XML file coderanch.com
Hi All, If we make a change in an XML file, we need not do any recompilation obviously and that's why we use XML files but we do have to restart the server right? Is there any way we don't have to even restart the server? Thanks. [ October 20, 2008: Message edited by: Arjun Reddy ]
28. can web.xml data include contents from other xml file coderanch.com
To clear things out, using context-param doesn't load the specified xml file automagically into the web.xml or so. It only make the name available as ServletContext#getInitParameter() so that one could use this information to load the xml file programmatically or so. I have no idea what Nick is thinking or (mis)understanding, but this is really not what you're looking for. To ...
29. Open an XML file in a popup window coderanch.com
Thankyou everybody for the replies.... I cannot set the target=_blank because it is not a link but its a button to generate the xml. The button submits the request to a servlet which generates the xml. I have set the content type as application/xml and content disposition as attachment for the response headers. But when I open the file from the ...
30. How to read/load a XML file from a WAR file coderanch.com
31. Possible to set an env-entry to null in my web.xml file? coderanch.com
I would love to implement one of your suggestions but I'm dealing with code that is not my own and it requires that I get a null value in for the environment entry. I know this is a hard question, but is it possible to do what I'm asking? If not, just let me know. Thanks, -
32. Possible to include other XML files within my web.xml file? coderanch.com
33. Can we change the location of web.xml file? coderanch.com
Hi All, I don't know whether its a stupid question or not, but I am a little bit curious about this. So my question is can we change the location of a deployment descriptor in a web application from WEB-INF to some other place. Can we move it outside the WEB-INF or can we put it inside any subdirectory of WEB-INF. ...
34. welcome file in web.xml coderanch.com