1. Replace first line of a text file in Java stackoverflow.com
I have a text file where I want to change only the first line of the file. The file could be millions of rows long, so I'd rather not have ...
2. How to replace multiple occurences of a string in a text file with a variable entered by the user and save all to a new file? stackoverflow.com
3. izpack replacing variables in text files stackoverflow.com
I'm trying to figure out how to have izpack replace variables in text files. It seems like it should be a simple thing but I can't find a specific example ...
4. How to replace " and \ from text files using Java? stackoverflow.com
5. How to replace a char in txt file in Java? stackoverflow.com
I have a input.txt which contains only one letter "Q" (path C:\work\input.txt). I need to replace the letter "Q" inside the file to a letter "A":
6. how to replace text in a file coderanch.com
7. read and replace text in file coderanch.com
HI I have a xml file shown below
8. replace text in a file with new text coderanch.com
The times that RandomAccessFile will work for you are few and far between. You can only replace old content with new content of exactly the same length. Ok, it is possible to shift data around to accomodate length changes, but the complexity is high and the performance is questionable. It's a lot more likely that you'll read the entire file, pass ...
9. Replacing a word in a text file coderanch.com
Hi, I need to check for a particular word from an existing file and need to replace that word with new word.How should i do this? Now i can able to read that particular word from the existing file.But i dont know how to replace that particular word with new word. Here is my code to read a particular word: import ...
10. replacing text in a text file(specific line) forums.oracle.com
Hi, i'm having trouble replacing a line of text in a text file. i want to replace anything on the fourth line and write "hello" in the fourth line of a text file. how can i achieve this ? my text file looks like this. 1,2,3,4 2,4,5,7 9,8,7,6 4,5,6,7 9,0,0,0 6,7,8,9 thanks for any suggestions.
11. Reading text file, Replace string, Write to new file.... forums.oracle.com
The question is if I am following the right path and structure and how to implement the replacement of every instance of the string "the" for the string "JAVAJAVA" and then writing to a text file with by changing all characters to uppercase. I was reading about the StringBuffer class, but the API documentation in not clear enough. Thank you,
12. Replacing Text in .vbs file through Java forums.oracle.com
13. Replace words in a file by reading a text file forums.oracle.com
Hi, Am working on a file which contains the following many lines of data, Message, String1, String2, String3, String4 Now string1, string2, string3, string4 are alphanumeric codes. Now I need to read a text file which contains the strings associated with these codes. eg. "String1"="Test Message" So I need to parse my file and replace all occurences of codes with their ...
14. How Can I replace line in text file forums.oracle.com
I have a text file like following format 1 bvhhk g1 *** 2 bvgjvh g1 *** 3 mmm,mvb g2 *** I want to replace 2 nd line to " prasad" and after replacing it should be following format 1 prasad g1 *** 2 bvgjvh g1 *** 3 mmm,mvb g2 *** I try above change using following code segment and it is ...
15. How to get value of key from properties file with replacing text? forums.oracle.com
16. how to replace a line ina text file using java? forums.oracle.com
You can't really do this mostly. If you have liines of fixed lengths then you can do this with RandomAccessFile. Otherwise you cannot. Filesystems do not work this way. You cannot arbitrarily inject or remove bytes from the middle of a file. You can replace them but that''s usually unhelpful. You must rewrite the entire file replacing the line you want ...
17. replacing text in a .java file forums.oracle.com
Hey all, im trying to make a program that, as one of its features, will find and replace a word in a java file. it is a selenium test that has been converted to java to be more precise. i am trying to replace all occurances of verifyTrue(...) with assertTrue(...). i dont really want to create a new file, so it ...
18. How to replace a string in a text file? forums.oracle.com
All readLine does is copy a line of the file into a local variable. Change the copy as you will, the file won't change. You need to write a new version of the file, with the altered lines. Then, if required, you can delete the original file and rename the new file to the old file name.
19. Replacing text in a text file forums.oracle.com