|16.1.3.Using the Analytic Functions|
The analytic functions are organized into the following categories:
- Ranking functions calculate ranks, percentiles, and n-tiles (for example, tertiles, quartiles).
- Inverse percentile functions calculate the value that corresponds to a percentile.
- Window functions calculate cumulative and moving aggregates.
- Reporting functions calculate things like market shares.
- Lag and lead functions get a value in a row where that row is a certain number of rows away from the current row.
- First and last functions get the first and last values in an ordered group.
- Linear regression functions fit an ordinary-least-squares regression line to a set of number pairs.
- Hypothetical rank and distribution functions calculate the rank and percentile that a new row would have if you inserted it into a table.
Oracle Database 10g SQL (Osborne ORACLE Press Series) (Paperback)
# Paperback: 608 pages
# Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1st edition (February 20, 2004)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0072229810
# ISBN-13: 978-0072229813