CSS Property hanging-punctuation
controls the typography on the web.
hanging-punctuation property can
put some punctuation characters from start or end of
text elements outside of the box
to preserve the reading flow.
It would move that quote, bullet to the left so that
the first letter is properly aligned with the rest of the document.
- Initial value
- CSS Version
- No character hangs. Default value.
- Punctuation may hang character at the start of the first formatted line.
- Punctuation may hang character at the start of the last formatted line.
- If it doesn't otherwise fit prior to justification
punctuation may hang a stop or comma at the end of a line.
- A stop or comma at the end of a line may hang.
- sets to default value
- Inherits this property from its parent element