The javadoc tool generates HTML documentation from Java source files.
The javadoc tool locates and parses the documentation comments present in a Java source file and produces a set of HTML pages describing the class, methods, and variables present in the source file.
The syntax to use the javadoc tool is:
javadoc [options] [packagenames] [sourcefilenames] [-subpackages pkg1:pkg2:...] [@argfiles]
- options refers to the command line options that you can pass to the javadoc tool.
- packagenames refers to multiple packages, separated by spaces, that javadoc should use to generate documentation. For example:
- packagesnames java.lang java.lang.reflect java.awt
- sourcefilenames refers to the source files for which javadoc needs to generate documentation.
- -subpackages: Generates documentation from the source files in specified packages and recursively in their subpackages.
- @argfiles: Refers to a file that contains Javadoc options.