First edition copyright 2004 ObjectSource LLC. All rights reserved.
This training material and the accompanying lab exercises were prepared
by Srikanth Shenoy for ObjectSource LLC.
GRANT OF LICENSE: ObjecSource LLC grants you a non-exclusive license to
use the material. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored
in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means
electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without
the prior written permission of ObjectSource LLC. At its discretion,
ObjectSource LLC may provide limited support through email or discussion
forums at ObjectSource web site. ObjectSource incurs no obligation
to provide any support under this Agreement.
1. Do not expose JSP URLs directly
2. Allow change of images without changing JSPs
3. Allow global change of error messages for a given type of error.
4. Add fields to capture customer address in the form using relevant form elements
5. Use Images instead of grey buttons for submitting data
Technical Objectives for this exercise:
The technical objectives of this exercise is to learn ?how to?:
1. Use MVC compliant html:link Tag
2. Use Img Tags (html:img) instead of <img src=..>. Externalize its src and alt to Resource Bundle.
3. Reuse error messages by value replacement
4. Modify the ActionForm and JSP Struts Tags to handle nested objects
5. Modify the ActionForm, Struts Tags in JSP & Action for image button form submission (using
6. Use Checkbox & Radio tags for individual items
7. Initialize the ActionForm to pre-populate the html form
8. Use Select & Option Tag
9. Use Options to display collections in the Select Tag
10. Use Multiple Message Resource Bundles